You are invited to submit abstracts 300 - 500 words in length for papers covering the following topics:
PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED DECEMBER 1ST
- Performance and technology drivers for space applications of novel materials, including composites, ceramics and optical materials.
- Space environment interactions (atomic oxygen, UV and particle radiation, micrometeoroids and debris, contamination, vacuum, thermal cycling) and synergistic effects.
- Modelling the interaction of materials with the natural and induced environment. This includes also degradation due to contamination.
- New methods and procedures for ground tests to characterise space environment effects on materials.
- Standards related to the evaluation of space materials.
- In-flight experiments and lessons learned from the exploitation of in-orbit data.
- New materials, processes and technologies including material aspects of micro/Nano-Technology and material problems related to miniaturisation.
- Materials and processes that are technology/mission enabling, in particular for extreme environments.
- Qualification of new materials, coatings and processes.
- Impact of standards and regulations, such as REACH.